As a homeowner, how often do you change your air filters? Do you know how it can affect your health and your family’s health if you don’t replace the air filters on a regular basis? Nowadays, all houses are equipped with efficient HVAC systems, which is the most important thing to make your home comfortable and pleasant for those who live there. HVAC system contains different components that you should maintain to keep the system energy-efficient. An air filter is an essential yet often ignored component of a healthy HVAC system. Your indoor air should be clean and high-quality, and it’s impossible unless you check your air filters occasionally. You can visit our experts at Canadian Choice Home Services for more information and understand what you should do to improve your air filters. All allergens, dust, and other rubbish will be trapped by air filters so they can’t enter the indoor air you and your family breathe. However, most homeowners don’t maintain their air filtration system as it’s needed, which can lead to an array of problems. Here we list how changing your air filters or ignoring them can bring you advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits of Changing Air Filters Regularly
- Improved HVAC system – changing your air filters helps to improve your HVAC system to work more efficiently. Having a more energy-efficient HVAC system can bring you a more comfortable home and less expensive energy bills.
- Cleaner house – the more dust gets trapped by air filters, means less dust in your home. If you put too much energy into cleaning your home, it’s a good idea to replace air filters and see how your home can remain clean for longer!
- Better health – it’s necessary to have a functional air filtration system if you or one of your family members have allergies, asthma, or congestion. Maintaining and replacing your air filters can also help you sleep easier at night!
Disadvantages of Not Replacing Air Filters Once in a While
- High risk of system failure – not replacing your air filters can make your HVAC system ineffective and worn out over time. Replacing your air filter not only improves indoor air quality but also makes other systems more energy-efficient. Professionals highly recommend using new types of air filters, such as a HEPA filter, for better results.
- Dirty air ducts – a buildup of dust in air ducts can damage your air conditioner system and HVAC system and increase pollution in the air. It’s much better to replace air filters rather than face the complications of overlooking them.
- Inconsistent air temperature – in case of ignoring replacing your air filters, you may find some parts of your home warmer or cooler than the other parts. In such cases, the cooling product or the heating system aren’t able to work as efficiently as they should.
- Poor indoor air quality – a dirty and inefficient air filter traps moisture and can lead to the growth of mold and bacteria. Such conditions can cause allergic reactions and other health threats.
Contact our professionals for more information!